kusk cluster install
install command will install Kusk Gateway and all its components with a single command.
Kusk uses Helm to do this, so you will need to have Helm installed.
Kusk Gateway Components
- Kusk Gateway Manager - Responsible for updating and rolling out the Envoy configuration to your Envoy Fleets as you deploy APIs and Static Routes.
- Envoy Fleet - Responsible for exposing and routing to your APIs and frontends.
- Kusk Gateway API - REST API, which is exposed by Kusk Gateway and allows you to programmatically query which APIs, Static Routes and Envoy Fleets are deployed.
- Kusk Gateway Dashboard - A web UI for Kusk Gateway where you can deploy APIs and see which APIs, StaticRoutes and Envoy Fleets are deployed.
kusk cluster install command will install Kusk Gateway, a public (for your APIs) and private (for the Kusk dashboard and API)
envoy-fleet, api, and dashboard in the kusk-system namespace using Helm and using the current kubeconfig context.
$ kusk cluster install
✔ Looking for Helm...
✔ Adding Kubeshop repository...
✔ Fetching the latest charts...
✔ Installing Kusk Gateway
✔ Installing Envoy Fleet...
✔ Installing Private Envoy Fleet...
✔ Installing Kusk API server...
✔ Installing Kusk Dashboard...
• kusk dashboard is now available. To access it run: $ kusk dashboard
The following command will create a Helm release named with --name in the namespace specified by --namespace.
$ kusk cluster install --name=my-release --namespace=my-namespace
The following command will install Kusk Gateway, but not the dashboard, api, or envoy-fleet.
$ kusk cluster install --no-dashboard --no-api --no-envoy-fleet
|The prefix of the name to give to the helm releases for each of the kusk gateway components (default: kusk-gateway).||❌|
|The namespace to install kusk gateway into. Will create the namespace if it doesn't exist (default: kusk-system).||❌|
|When set, will not install the kusk gateway dashboard.||❌|
|When set, will not install the kusk gateway api. implies --no-dashboard.||❌|
|When set, will not install any envoy fleets.||❌|
To disable analytics set following environment variable:
ANALYTICS_ENABLED=false kusk cluster install